At Baker Ashley, we pride ourselves at providing you with a personalised service where we can hold your hand from the very start of the process, right through to the end. From our conveyancing department, with its wealth of expertise, you can expect:
Transparency & fixed fee
All new clients will be provided with a quote before any work is undertaken. Once provided, it is effectively “cast in stone” as it is a fixed fee. The only reason it might have to change is if you agree to additional work being undertaken which was not included in the initial quote (this would happen rarely). Our quotes include absolutely everything including our professional fees, disbursements (such as searches) and VAT.
- Our conveyancing price list can be downloaded here
You will not be dealing with a secretary, but someone who is expertly trained in conveyancing: a qualified solicitor, and their assistant:
- David Isaac: Director, Solicitor, Head of Conveyancing
- Lisa Aplin: Conveyancer, Assistant Head of Conveyancing
- Julie Mann: Conveyancer
- Debi Tobin: Conveyancer
- Andie Roberts: Conveyancer
- Nataly Giacovazzi: Conveyancer
- Victoria Campbell: Legal Assistant
- Andrea Herman: Legal Assistant
- Amber Harrison: Lead Administrator
- Arran Greaves: Administrator
- Chrissy Howell: Administrator
- Chelsea Harvey: Administrator
- Gareth Booy: Administrator
- Carol Clay: Administrator
- Denise Thomas: Receptionist / Administrator
- Kristy-Ann Stanbridge: Post Completions Assistant
- Jamie Mainwaring: Finance Assistant
Not all transactions are “normal or standard.” So, if your property, for example, comes with a complicated lease, is part of a Government Scheme such as Help to Buy, or is a New Build, we have experts on hand to ensure everything runs smoothly and nothing is missed.
Throughout the process, your nominated solicitor will be on hand to talk you through every stage of the transaction, and will keep you updated throughout. We are an advocate of technology, so you will receive email updates, and a log in to your case through our website for additional updates from us, and also the ability for you to upload things you wish to share with us. However, if you prefer traditional communication such as the telephone, we will be very happy to do that.
There is no requirement for you to see your solicitor face to face, so the whole process with Baker Ashley is designed to make life as simple as possible by using the communication methods above.
The conveyancing process will vary in time based on a number of factors, and many of these will be outside of our control. Until the process is underway, it is impossible to estimate the timescales, but as a general rule of thumb, allow 3 months for a purchase or sale, and a month for a re-mortgage or transfer of equity.
Please feel free to read/download any of the following useful guides which set out the conveyancing process with explanations of some of the common conveyancing terms: